Blynk.Edgent is a packaged solution that allows developers to easily connect their devices to the platform and take advantage of all its advanced features without the need for extensive coding. It includes:
- Blynk library API (Secure connection and data exchange)
- Blynk.Inject (dynamic device credentials provisioning over WiFi Access Point or BLE,)
- Blynk.Air (OTA firmware updates)
- A simple UX/interaction example:
- Device state indication using an RGB LED
- Device configuration reset using a button
This level of integration and ease of use can save significant time and effort spent on developing IOT essentials and help focus on the embedded firmware application building your connected product more quickly.
Although Blynk Library can be used without Blynk.Edgent features, it is recommended to use Blynk.Edgent whenever possible.
- 1.Create a blank Template in Blynk.Console. To do it, open the Templates section in the left menu and click + New Template button. Assign a name and select hardware and connectivity, you can further customize the template and build the dashboards later.
- 3.Open Blynk.Edgent example for your device and your IDE using the links provided in the table below or in your IDE. For Arduino: File -> Examples -> Blynk -> Blynk.Edgent and select your board.
- 4.Uncomment these two lines and replace the placeholders with your Template ID and Template name.
//#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID “TMPxxxxxx”
//#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_NAME “TemplateName”
You can get them in Blynk.Console by going to Templates, selecting your newly created template and finding the Firmware configuration in the Home tab.
- 5.Compile and upload to your device
- 6.Connect your device in Blynk.App. To do it open the MENU icon in the upper right corner. Tap on + Add New Device. Select Find Devices Nearby option. The app will scan the WiFi networks around you and offer to connect to your device. You will see the template name you’ve chosen in step 1. Once the connection is established, the Blynk app will guide you through the provisioning process.