Template Quick Setup
A Device Template is a set of configurations inherited by devices of a similar type.
Think about smart home switches. They all perform a similar function and it's safe to assume that they should have the same data model, GPIOs, firmware code, etc. You can create a SmartSwitch template and then create multiple SmartHome switches from it.
While Device Template has a lot of settings, in this tutorial, we focus only on the most important settings to get your devices up and running quickly. By the end of this tutorial, you should have a working device that will:
- Send random values to the web and mobile dashboard in given intervals
- Receive user input from the web or mobile dashboard UI elements
Before moving further, make sure that you have Developer Mode enabled:
- 1.In the Blynk app or in Blynk.Console
- 2.Navigate to My Profile → User profile in the left menu
- 3.Check that the Developer Mode switch is set to ON
Open the Templates section in the left menu and click + New Template button. If you already have a template - click to open it and press Edit button.
Give your new template a name, specify the hardware and connectivity you will be using.
New template modal
A new Template is now created. On the screen below notice Template ID and Firmware Configuration sections. You will need these details later in your sketch.
- 2.Log In to your account
- 4.Find a template you just created on the web and tap on it.
- 3.Upload this code to your board