App Publishing Process And Timeline
Learn about the process to publish your apps to app stores and how long will it take
App exporting and publishing is a multi-step process that is mostly done by a Blynk Launch Engineer assigned to you after you sign up, but there are actions needed from you as well.
On average, this process takes 5-10 business days, however it depends on how ready your project and hardware are and how familiar your team is with Blynk platform.
Communication speed between your company and Blynk is important too.
🗓 Duration: 1-2 business days
- 1.Your business server will be launched using default domain like
- 2.Blynk Launch Engineer will help with transferring your project (if you have one) to your business server.
- 3.Blynk engineer will do a high-level review of your firmware code to check that Blynk routines are implemented correctly.
🗓 Duration depends on how ready your product is
During this stage you will get apps for Android and iOS which you would need to test with your IoT product.
- 1.You will get the test build of an Android app first. This will be an .apk file or a link to to install the app on your smartphone
- 2.You would need to test that app is working correctly with your device
For testing your iOS app you would need:
- Apple ID - an email address you use to login to Apple services
🗓 2-5 business days
If you plan to publish your apps to App Store and Google Play app marketplaces you would need developer accounts for these platforms. These accounts are paid. You can find latest information and pricing on their websites:
Once you have the developer accounts set up, Blynk engineer will guide, you through the rest of the procedures needed.
To publish the apps you would need to prepare marketing materails such as app description, screenshots, app icon, etc. This process takes time which affects the publishing timeline. We recommend to start working on it as early as possible.
Here is an article you can check:
Usually, Android app is published first because it's easier and faster. For that you would simply give Blynk engineer permissions to publish Android version of the app under your developer account. To publish an iOS version, we would need to go through these steps:
- Add Blynk iOS engineer to your developer account (we will explain how)
- Prepare a demo-video for Apple review. Apple requires a short video that showing how a real iOS device interacts with your product. Video montage or screen recording will result in rejection. This video cane be uploaded to streaming services like YouTube or you can send us a link.
After app was submitted, Apple will review it. This review can take up 2-10 days. Once approved app will be published to app store automatically.
Your apps are now in app stores and ready for download by your clients and used with your IoT products.